Old 24-09-2008, 02:09 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default I can't win

In article ,
thurkun wrote:

I can grow stuff that people say can't be grown but the easy-to-grow
fig kicked my manure pile. I tried for 5 years to grow figs, but a 1'
fig tree I bought grew less than 8" during all that time, I had given
another fig bought from the same nursery at the same time to my
mother-in-law and it grew 15' in one year before she had to top it
because the wind was threatening to snap the branches. After I gave that
damned fig ( from my point of view) to my Grandmother, she got two crops
a year off the devil plant with no effort at all, so yeah, there is no
justice in the world of gardening.
Pat

James wrote:

For years birds and squirrels would get to my figs before me. This
year I was able to keep the birds and squirrels off with a net. So
this year my fig are being eaten by ants and wasps.

I agree, "there justice in the world of gardening". I have been unable
to get my felt flowers to grow even one inch in ten years. I feel your
pain.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.