Old 24-09-2008, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
KC[_2_] KC[_2_] is offline

Default Tree ID Help Please

On Sep 23, 5:54*pm, Sheldon wrote:

I agree with your advice to cut it down. I had one about 25 feet from
house and had to cut one limb scraping garage roof edge. Finally had it
removed.

Good decision. *Silver maple also has a rather shallow root system,
heavy wind will blow it down. *

Not necessarily true. I had one 10' from my house and it withstood
100mph hurricane winds without blowing down. Did lose a lot of small
to medium limbs however. Mine and all others around the neighborhood
developed a blight and died. I would never plant another one in the
yard.

KC