Old 25-09-2008, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Petrol lawn mower help.

In article ,
says...
I have a Briggs & Stratton petrol lawn mower, my other half was using it to
cut the grass and caught the metal drain cover.
When I try and start it it makes a clunking sound as it rotates but will not
start.It also feels a bit `heavier` when pulling the rope to start it.
The blades are not catching the sides so I don`t think it is that.

Any ideas on what to do?

thanks

It may also be worth checking the brake is not out of ajustment and is
coming off when you are trying to start it
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk