Old 25-09-2008, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Ideas for a gift of seeds wanted

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:

Some years ago now I sent some nigella seeds to my friend in
Australia, as a
friendly gesture so she could have love-in-a-mist in her garden.
She blasted me about how it was not allowed. I had no idea it wasn't. She
never planted them.
What would be the possibility of these seeds I sent being a danger in
Australia? What the **** would happen? It's an annual. It's not
likely to threaten Australia, is it?

Diseases might be introduced. Read up on cane toads and rabbits. They're
not plants, true, but were introduced with the best intentions...

Look at Japanese knotweed here, and Oxford ragwort...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig