Old 25-09-2008, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Ideas for a gift of seeds wanted

The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

An English friend who has lived in New Zealand ( south Island ) many many
years has just been to visit. He grows nothing but veg but is thinking that
he needs to grow some flowers to attract flying creatures into his poly
tunnels, there seems to be a shortage of bees butterfly's etc..over there
too,
I thought that I could send him some seed but need advice as to the best
seeds to send.

Flowering currants start early. Bees like beans of all the sorts I've
observed. The fodder beans grown for cattle have a tremendous scent, and
you can sometimes smell a field of them from a mile. I would *GUESS*
that broad beans were similar, being very closely related.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig