Old 26-09-2008, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Zoot Zoot is offline

Default Morning Glory - DSC00366-Edit.jpg

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Suzie-Q wrote:

Be even greener. It's a weed in my yard, trying to suffocate
my rose bush! I can't get rid of it!

Yes, it's an invasive pest in some climates, it's declared weed in our
state. Acres and acres of native bushland have been taken over and the
wildlife has been displaced by morning glory. I'll grant, it's a pretty
flower, but I loathe it for the damage it has done.

Is it the cultivated variety aka morning glory with bigger flowers, or the
smaller flowering relative aka bindweed? Here in Oregon, "bindweed" is a
noxious weed, where "morning glory" doesn't cause a lot of problems and can
be a tad difficult to grow. Bindweed, OTOH, is everywhere..