Old 26-09-2008, 10:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Morning Glory - DSC00366-Edit.jpg

"Zoot" wrote in message

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Suzie-Q wrote:

Be even greener. It's a weed in my yard, trying to suffocate
my rose bush! I can't get rid of it!

Yes, it's an invasive pest in some climates, it's declared weed in our
state. Acres and acres of native bushland have been taken over and the
wildlife has been displaced by morning glory. I'll grant, it's a pretty
flower, but I loathe it for the damage it has done.

Is it the cultivated variety aka morning glory with bigger flowers, or the
smaller flowering relative aka bindweed? Here in Oregon, "bindweed" is a
noxious weed, where "morning glory" doesn't cause a lot of problems and
can be a tad difficult to grow. Bindweed, OTOH, is everywhere..

Same here. Bindweed is a pest - but it's very beautiful, I think.

I seem to be in the mninority though :-)

Lesser bindweed is even prettier, with its delicate pink flowers.

Mary