Old 26-09-2008, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens

Default Can you identify this fruit/bush for me please?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
"'Mike'" writes:
wrote in message

I have this fuity bushy thing in my garden that was there when I
bought the house and I have no idea what it is.

Passion Flower

Specifically, Passiflora caerulea. The fruits are edible when ripe,
just like the ones you can buy in the shops, but are best described
as insipid. They have a slight passion fruit flavour, but not much.
Still, they aren't unpleasant.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Surely you are only referring to the red pulp (and seeds). As far as I
remember, the skin is not very pleasant.

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)