Old 25-09-2008, 12:38 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default Walbro carburetor

wrote:
I have a lawn tractor with a Briggs and stratton 14.5hp engine. This
has a Walbro LMS carburetor. I put the machine away last week and
it was working fine.
However when I try and start it today although the engine ran
at first it had only enough power to drive the machine along
slowly. Now it just seems to stall when I apply the throttle.
I have tried adjusting the carb with no luck.
Looking into the carb when running it seems to
be giving far too much fuel. I have cleaned out the carb
but didn't make any difference.
There is a solenoid at the bottom of the carb could this
be the problem? I am told the carb was recenty
replaced when I bought the machine.

Ignore the idiot from WebTV.

If it really is supplying too much fuel then you should see quite a bit
of black smoke while it is running. I suspect that is not the problem
but you'll need to give a bit more info for one to be able to make an
_educated_ guess.

--
Art