Old 26-09-2008, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Petrol lawn mower help.

"S" wrote in message
I have a Briggs & Stratton petrol lawn mower, my other half was using it to
cut the grass and caught the metal drain cover.
When I try and start it it makes a clunking sound as it rotates but will
not start.It also feels a bit `heavier` when pulling the rope to start it.
The blades are not catching the sides so I don`t think it is that.

Could also be that the sudden stall of the engine has caused the cotter that
locates the flywheel to shear (blade and crankshaft stop suddenly, flywheel
continues to turn) this means the ignition timing is now wrong.

Mike