Old 28-09-2008, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Just checking

Pure laziness here. Having gorgeous fall weather before the doom & gloom
hits I guess. Noticed that my ash trees are starting to change in color,
just seems TOO early, even if the calendar says Oct. is in 2 days. Just
this morning I happened to think I need to start watching those low temps
and get the indoor/outdoor plants off the deck and back inside for winter.

Both my bougainvillea & tropical hibiscus are/were beautiful this summer.
The hibiscus has gorgeous green leaves on it, besides blooms, as I did a
little bit of pruning each week, so it has filled in the bare spots. Just
hope I can get it in the slider without too much damage.

Blue morning glories came late but are putting on a dazzling show now. Need
to get out and pick my mini roma tomatoes.

One thing that was disappointing this year my tropical cannas that I
condition to water didn't do as well. They looked good, but not as many
blooms, I probably kept smaller divides I assume.... they were less work
that way.

And that just reminded me how much work I have coming, moving them to the
garage, the taros inside, the half a dozen iris back into the pond.
Covering the ponds for winter. OMG! Fall can be tiring to think about!
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us