Old 27-09-2008, 08:44 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Just checking

Is it my system or has this list gone VERY quiet?

Chip

Old 28-09-2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Chip wrote:

Is it my system or has this list gone VERY quiet?

Chip

Can't talk now. I'm snorkeling in my pond.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 28-09-2008, 01:20 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Hi chip,

My Google search shows 5 topics in the last 6 days. Things often get
pretty quiet in the fall. Not quite this quiet, however.

Phyllis

Old 28-09-2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

"Chip" wrote in message
Is it my system or has this list gone VERY quiet?

Chip

I suspect it's a glitch somewhere, and not just here. Some of my
other newsgroups have many fewer posts than usual.

Gail
near San Antonio TX USA

Old 28-09-2008, 01:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Didn't dare go into the backyard today.
DH on the loose with a chainsaw and chipper!

k :-)

Old 28-09-2008, 01:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Phyllis and Jim wrote:

Hi chip,

My Google search shows 5 topics in the last 6 days. Things often get
pretty quiet in the fall. Not quite this quiet, however.

Sorry, no time, I'm doing the fall pond cleaning...
--
derek

Old 28-09-2008, 10:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Pure laziness here. Having gorgeous fall weather before the doom & gloom
hits I guess. Noticed that my ash trees are starting to change in color,
just seems TOO early, even if the calendar says Oct. is in 2 days. Just
this morning I happened to think I need to start watching those low temps
and get the indoor/outdoor plants off the deck and back inside for winter.

Both my bougainvillea & tropical hibiscus are/were beautiful this summer.
The hibiscus has gorgeous green leaves on it, besides blooms, as I did a
little bit of pruning each week, so it has filled in the bare spots. Just
hope I can get it in the slider without too much damage.

Blue morning glories came late but are putting on a dazzling show now. Need
to get out and pick my mini roma tomatoes.

One thing that was disappointing this year my tropical cannas that I
condition to water didn't do as well. They looked good, but not as many
blooms, I probably kept smaller divides I assume.... they were less work
that way.

And that just reminded me how much work I have coming, moving them to the
garage, the taros inside, the half a dozen iris back into the pond.
Covering the ponds for winter. OMG! Fall can be tiring to think about!
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Just checking divingbrit United Kingdom 4 14-03-2016 08:10 AM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 24 04-10-2003 05:06 AM
just checking K Barrett Orchids 4 14-04-2003 10:56 PM
Checking for Fry's MISSYMAGICGIRL Ponds 1 26-03-2003 03:20 AM
Checking the Moisture Level Or Kid Orchids 0 23-01-2003 07:55 AM