Old 29-09-2008, 11:45 PM
bob123 bob123 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoolyGooly View Post
I have it in full sun (as per the care tag) and I'm feeding it Miracid
for azaleas every couple of weeks or after every big rain. I'm
keeping the soil moist but not soggy. Lots of new growth but nothing
resembling flower buds.

Is it merely too early for citrus to blossom here, or must the tree
reach some minimum size, or does citrus come in "boy" and "girl"
varieties and I've maybe got a male?

Ideas?
Citrus plants do NOT come in gender. The most common reason for a fruit tree not to get fruit is because it is not old enough. It could also be because it isn't the citrus season yo bare fruit. I recommend taking it inside during the winter in Texas and southern U.S. during the flowering season. You need a sunny window and/or a grow light