Old 09-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Clematis ID please

In article ,
Shirley wrote:

This looks just like one I bought last year, was un-named and part of a buy
2 get one free offer at a garden centre (the other 2 are Clematis Montana
types one white and one pink). I have mine growing in a pot at the moment
and it seems happy (it's flowering at the moment), it's against a north
facing fence and my neighbour has just replaced the 3ft fence with a 5ft one
so I'm wondering if there's a better position for it now and should I plant
it in the soil or keep it in the pot (18"dia x 18" deep) ?

If it is C. alpina, then it is a good plant for a north facing position,
and a 5' fence is ideal. I would plant it in the ground, assuming that
your soil drains reasonably well.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.