Old 30-09-2008, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
~misfit~ ~misfit~ is offline

Default Petrol lawn mower help.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "pied piper" typed:
easier and probably cheaper to get another mower check ebay plenty of
good used rotarys on there

If getting another I'd strongly suggest looking at a Honda powered machine.
I've had many (petrol powered) mowers in my time, both 2-stroke and 4-stroke
and I finally decided to bite the bullet and buy a brand new Honda. It's
brilliant! I wish I'd bought one long ago. It uses less petrol than any
other mower I've owned, produces plenty of power and, if you're interested
in these things, has extremely low emissions, well within California's
stringent requirements.
--
Shaun.

"S" wrote in message
Thanks for reply I will check that out.
Is there any forums for how to dismantle the engines or how to repair
these things?
I have some motorbike engine experience so would just need some
guidelines.

thanks

--

Rent a villa in Turkey

http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
I have a Briggs & Stratton petrol lawn mower, my other half was
using it to
cut the grass and caught the metal drain cover.
When I try and start it it makes a clunking sound as it rotates
but will not
start.It also feels a bit `heavier` when pulling the rope to start
it. The blades are not catching the sides so I don`t think it is
that. Any ideas on what to do?

thanks

It may also be worth checking the brake is not out of ajustment and
is coming off when you are trying to start it
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk