Old 30-09-2008, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Pumpkins and Squashs

On 30/9/08 08:30, in article ,
"AriesVal" wrote:

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 23:20:24 +0100, Sacha wrote:

On 29/9/08 17:19, in article
, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

How have you all done with your pumpkins and squashes this year?
Ours are excellent, the pumpkins have grown well without constant water and
we have just harvested 43 full sized ripe butternuts from 6 plants. Needless
to say we have already started giving them away.
Last year the few we got rotted after a month or so in storage because they
didn't ripen properly.

Pumpkins on the nursery compost heap have done so well that roasted pumpkin
and pepper soup are a big tea room hit!

what type of pumpkin is that Sacha

No idea, Val. Some of the nursery staff grew them as a friendly
competition! I'll find out if any of them remember what they grew! Mind
you, it's a compost heap that just about needs its own post code!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com