Old 30-09-2008, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Pumpkins and Squashs

On 30/9/08 09:39, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| No idea, Val. Some of the nursery staff grew them as a friendly
| competition! I'll find out if any of them remember what they grew! Mind
| you, it's a compost heap that just about needs its own post code!

Precisely the place to plant pumpkins in to grow them to coach size!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

We'll pass on the mice, though, thanks! Yes, they must have been very happy
on that heap, large, warm and sunny - when there was any sun. I counted
about a dozen, I think so will have to check with them just what they
cropped.
The type used was Sutton's 'Hundredweight', for those who wanted to know,
BTW.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com