Old 30-09-2008, 09:35 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pete C[_2_] Pete C[_2_] is offline

Default Water Flow in the Winter

wrote:
I redirect the flow right back into the pond into the in pond veggie
filter. But I too may switch to a smaller pump into the filter. I
am going to dig out a timer and shut it down at night now that temps
are dropping. Time to dig out my pond heater too. Ingrid

The point surely, of keeping the system ticking over, is so that come
spring, you still have bacterial action? Turning off at night will kill that
good bacteria??
--
Pete C
London UK