Old 30-09-2008, 09:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Water Flow in the Winter

From what I've read you should never restrict the in-flow of water to the
pump. You can restrict the flow on the out-bound side. You can divert the
water from the filter and back into your pond if your goal is to reduce the
amount of water flowing through the filter. My interest was in cutting my
electrical usage and still keep my bacteria field viable with a minimal
amount of water flowing through the filter. For me, it looks like I'm going
to have to switch to a smaller pump to do this.

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..

How do you slow down a pump? I do have a ball valve on just past my pump
before my filter. The PVS is split into a "Y" with one side going to a
waterfall, the other going directly to the a return back to the pond. (I
plan on adding a veggie filter next year)

The water fall has vinyl tubing from the pump, the rest of my plumbing is
PVC. Can someone tell me what I need to do. (I can post some pics if that
wold help too)

Thank you