Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Banks View Post
I'm in London, England so not sure if our Winter's would be mild enough ??
The wall gets quite a bit of sun in the day and is well sheltered.

Evergreens generally do not change colour in autumn and most do not have striking flowers. You could try Euonymus fortunei, which is variegated. There are variegated ivies which take on a purply colour in winter, but of course all ivies can be aggressive.

I would be inclined to go for a euonymus combined with a clematis or abandon the evergreen requirement altogether.