Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Growing grapes

The message
from "S" contains these words:

I know this is uk gardening but have a holiday home in Turkey, last year I
planted 2 small grape vines, I am back out in a couple of weeks and
apparently are about 3 feet high now, I basicall just have them tied to an
upright stake at the moment..
I intend to grow them straight up to a height of about 8 feet and then
train
them along the outside of a covered roof area. At least thats the plan.
Is there anything I should be doing as I haven`t a clue other than
keep them
watered. Any websites for beginners?

Dunno about websites, but if you want sensible crops you will have to
prune the vines. Uou'll need to do this before growth starts in the
spring, and after the fruit has set.

I'd try to find a website from a similar area for instructions - Israel
springs to mind as a not too dissimilar climate, and where you might
find a website written in English.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig