Old 09-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Bigjon

Default aquarium water on compost heap??

Recently, shannie uttered:

Could someone advise me please if I would do any damage to the compost heap
if I poured the waste water from an aquarium onto it after cleaning out the
filter. The water would be slightly acidic and would contain amonia,amonium,
trace elements of nitrates, some nitrites and de-nitrifying bacteria in
smallish amounts. The ph would be between 6.5 and 7.2. I would be discarding
about 20gallons per fortnight, too much for the heap but would a few gallons
do any harm.

Thanks in advance
Shan

And the sludge from the bottom of the tank is great for putting on the
garden too..
--
It's all on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....