Old 03-10-2008, 07:48 PM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Tree identification?

Puddin' Man wrote:
Hi,

I have a little "book" for identifying trees. No problem with trees very
common to the midwest US, i.e. oak, maple, sycamore.

Next door is a medium-size tree with palmate leaves which have 3 points
each. Seed is helicopter-type, fall in the spring.

Anybody have some idea what kind of tree this might be?

Thx,

"Take Yo' Hand Out My Pocket (I Ain't Got Nothing What Belongs To You)!"
- Rice Miller, who probably never even _heard_ of Paulson, Bernanke, etc

Look up box elder, or ash maple and see if that is it. Maple and ash
are the common helicopter seeds.