Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Growing grapes

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 S wrote:

Thanks for the comments, 1 more day to go and I will be out there pruning
the vines, it was the locals who bought the vines for me.
Got some info off the net for pruning advice.

Pruning should not be done until December/January when the sap is at its
lowest. Vines have a great tendency to bleed from ripened wood.

David
(grower of vines for more than thirty years)

http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk