Old 04-10-2008, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dieseldes Dieseldes is offline

Default Unknown Plants (Do you recognise them?)

"Hibiscus" wrote in message

Dieseldes;818111 Wrote:
"Hibiscus" wrote in message
...-

UP 20
http://tinyurl.com/3q9ssr
-
From a lurker! I am sure this one is Physalis Franchetii Or Chinese
lantern
makes a good dried display

I have grown it in the past I allways thought it grew fairly fast
well it
did for my father! but not for me!

Des

Thanks. Is it a type of herb? I got the picture from a herb garden but
I couldn't find its sign/label.

Do you know know the rest?

Thanks!

My father grew them and used them for winter decoration, he used to have to
dig a bit up every year to slow the spread! when I moved I took some, but
they didn't like their new home!!

Inside the 'lantern' is a small orange edible fruit, sharp tasting , some
restaurants use them as an edible 'aside'

Des