Old 05-10-2008, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Bulbs and mice

I have just finished potting up about 2 dozen pots of bulbs, some last
nears, some new.
Today I have seen a mouse in my garden.
Will mice unearth and eat the bulbs?

I have too many pots to cover all with wire netting and don't want to
move them.
Any suggestions for what I can sprinkle on top, or otherwise, to
deter, or get rid of, said mouse or mice?
Next door, immediately next to my fence, my neighbours have a shed
which now houses a rabbit and some guinea pigs. Beneath the shed, or
even in it, seems a likely place for mice to go for the winter. Some
years ago mice got up into the attics. (Row of terraced houses)
Is mouse bait the only solution? Do I need to declare war?

Pam in Bristol