Old 06-10-2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default End of season sticky pots

On Oct 4, 5:15 pm, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Actually just one - a white Siberian iris. But I might hit a few places
for end of season bargains.

Good for you Cheryl! Hooray for sticky pots!
I removed a shrubby honeysuckle because it took up a large space and
bloomed a
very short time with few flowers. I got 3 echinacea, a gaillardia
Oranges and Lemons,
and a penstemon to take its place. It's a rather dry spot in full sun,
so they should
be happy and bloom a lot!

I'm also taking out a big clump of purple iris and will put in a blue
plumbago and a
rose Sally Holmes to replace them along a fence. Ya gotta bloom more
than 2 weeks
to stay around here now...........(friend is removing Sally and I got
her)

We had our first rain since June and it washed all the old ash from
the fires, and the
dust from the almond harvest from the tall plants, and they look so
happy. 1 inch of raind
and it sure cleaned up the air, too.

Emilie
NorCal