Old 06-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Hibiscus Hibiscus is offline
Registered User

He he... I will try to be good this year so Santa will give me some gardening books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Poole View Post
Aren't these lists getting a bit long? Maybe a few good gardening
books should be on your Christmas present list. Oh well since I've
got a fresh cup of coffee on the go:

1) Salvia splendens - could be any one of many hybrids*. 2)
Abutilon hybrid. 3) Cuphea lanceolata 'Firefly'.
4) Lantana camara - could be 'New Gold', 'Lucky Yellow' or any other
yellow since the flowers aren't open.
5) Salvia splendens - see *. 6) Salvia patens. 7) Caryopteris x
clandonensis could be 'Heavenly Blue'.
8) Salvia microphylla or greggii hybrid - need a better shot.
9) Centranthus ruber 'alba'. 10) Coreopsis lanceolata hybrid - need
a much better shot to discern which one.
11) Sedum spectabile. 12) Potentilla - probably fruticosa or one of
its hybrids. 13) Nicotiana sylvestris.
14) Dianthus chinensis 'heddewigii' hybrid. 15) Where d'at go?
16) Astrantia major - possibly 'Temptation'.
17) Echinacia purpurea - one of the 'Butterfly' hybrids. 18)
Penstemon 'Osprey' - although colour looks a bit off.
19) Limonium [Statice] sinuatum[a]. 20) Physalis franchettii.
21) Scaevola aemula. 22) Coreopsis verticillata.
23) Gladiolus callianthus.