Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Tree identification?

Puddin' Man said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pudding_man/

The first 4. You'll likely have to zoom in to tell much about leaf
formation.

I'm in S. city. Ferguson may/may-not have planted such flora.

Well, it looks to me like some variety of red maple (Acer rubrum).
'Red' only refers to its typical fall color. There are a lot of cultivars.
I often see the more stubby, 3-point leaves (as in your picture)
in the woods here, even though my book on native trees shows
a more typical 5-point maple leaf silhouette.

http://www.missouriplants.com/Redopp...brum_page.html

After enlightenment, the laundry.