Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Butternt Squash

In article
,
z wrote:

On Oct 5, 5:55*pm, PennyMay
wrote:
Hello

I'm new to this site and new to gardening. *I have a butternut squash
that has taken over my very small plot. *I have a few small ones, and
one large one. *Only thing is, I have no idea when to pick them. *The
large one is still green. *Will it turn colour? *Is there anything I
should be looking out for?

Any advice gratefully received.

PennyMay

--
PennyMay

like the other guy said.
however, note that the differences between winter and summer squash
are more of detail than basic; in other words, if the thing doesn't
lose its green before winter comes, there's no reason you can't pick
them and treat them like giant zucchini.

Baby pumpkins are delicious steamed.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"