Old 08-10-2008, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default More on horse manure

"Nanzi" wrote in message

I got some horse manure, aged, that gave me so many weeds in that
garden that I am loathe to use it again. What do you do about that?

You mulch and then you weed anything that comes through the mulch.

There is no such thing as a garden where weeding can be avoided as there is
alwyas wind borne weed seeds and if you use animal manures other than
poultry manure, there will always be weeds.

I'm so convinced of the improvements that horse manure makes to my soil that
I put up with any amount of weeding because I believe that horse manure is a
magic ingredient.