Old 09-10-2008, 03:11 AM
ozadam ozadam is offline
Registered User

Location: Armidale, northern tablelands, new south wales , Australia

G'day. Just reading the post. I always use Horse manure on my patch. Horses in Aust. are wormed regularly, so we have to leave the manure for three months to nullify the effects of chemicals etc. I do compost with paper and leaves and garden scraps. Heat composting , as opposed to cold composting, will kill most weed seeds in the manure. Like someone else said, it is a bit low in nitrogen, but if you mix it with other stuff in the compost it will be balanced. It really is a great soil improver. Hope this helps.ad. x x