Old 08-10-2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
CanopyCo CanopyCo is offline

Default Butternt Squash

On Oct 7, 9:58*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Omelet wrote:

I had a butternut that was picked green at the end of the season, I left
it in a semi shady area on my kitchen counter for some six months and
amazingly enough over that time it turned to the "normal" ripe color.
After those six months I cut it in half and finding it looked perfectly
normal I cooked it and it tasted perfectly normal as well.- Hide quoted text -

I do the same thing with my green tomatoes.
They turn ripe during the winter.
Though they do not taste quite as good as the vine ripe ones, they are
still as good or better then store bought.