Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Help with identifying a tree from seed and leaf please

The message
from "Nick" contains these words:

Hello,
I'm not much of a gardener and just do the donkey stuff for swmbo.
I do hope this is an appropriate group.
She picked up a leaf with attached seeds in NW London a few days back
whilst
visiting friends.

I have put a photo up at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31263451@N07/?saved=1

It looks V much to me like sweet chestnut seed but the leaf does not.
Leaf and twiglet were firmly attached when gathered from the pavement, they
have now separated.

From description, and without looking at the link, I bet it's from a
plane tree...

--