Old 11-10-2008, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Source of Ground limestone

I have a problem with my apples, the supplier of my trees, who is an
apple tree expert, believes it is due to a calcium deficiency and
suggest a top dressing of calcium, such as ground limestone. However I
cannot find a source of anything suitable. Any suggestions please? I
live in North Staffordshire so local would be ideal, though mail order
would be fine. When I am up in the Peak District I often see lime dust
covering the trees, so it should be easy to get! An extensive Google
search has not done it for me!