Old 11-10-2008, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Giles Giles is offline

Default apple tree help

Hi, I have just been out picking some apples from my trees. I
inherited the trees when I moved here a couple of years ago, and the
trees are probably about 5 -10 years old. I need some help with two
things, please. (1) Some of the trees are very leggy, should I prune
right back and 'start again' or tackle just a bit at a time (2) Some
of the trees are leaning someone, some more than 45 degrees. Should I
try and reseat these or simply prune above this and accept an odd
angle for the first foot or so? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.
Giles