Old 11-10-2008, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Bats

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

They're dashing about all over the place. Isn't this rather later than
usual? We've had warm days and chilly nights for a while now and there have
been lots of mozzies and gnats about. Could it be they're making up for
lost feeding time, due to the cold, wet summer? I may be wrong but I don't
recall seeing them this late in the year before.

IIRC, some species will wake-up at any warm spell, even in midwinter.

I've often seen pipistrelles at this time of year.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig