Old 11-10-2008, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Bats

On 11/10/08 21:19, in article
, "Rusty Hinge 2"
wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

They're dashing about all over the place. Isn't this rather later than
usual? We've had warm days and chilly nights for a while now and there have
been lots of mozzies and gnats about. Could it be they're making up for
lost feeding time, due to the cold, wet summer? I may be wrong but I don't
recall seeing them this late in the year before.

IIRC, some species will wake-up at any warm spell, even in midwinter.

I've often seen pipistrelles at this time of year.

We think ours are long ears but aren't really certain. Ray said he saw them
about two nights ago, walking back through the churchyard. I said it was
probably Christopher Lee. ;-))
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com