Old 12-10-2008, 02:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Bats

Was working late on Wednesday and as it was getting dark, I watched
them almost skimming the water of a nearby tidal river and flying
relatively slowly just above the reeds. At least some of these were
long-eared bats, but there were faster fliers amongst them that could
have been pipistrelles. Lots of sunshine this week has enabled the
solar lights in the garden to charge fully and they attract moths,
which in turn attract at least a few bats. Can't see what they are
though - I'm only aware of their presence by the almost imperceptible
calls.