Old 12-10-2008, 02:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Oct11-C - 20085455.jpg

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

Yes, these are cosmos. I plant some in one particular bed every year,
but they also wander around the garden on their own.

Sounds like a Disney movie. giggles

These are quite
tall. This particular specimen is well over 6-ft. With naturalizing
there are also some unique color combinations and markings out there.
One of the nice things about them is that they are one of the few
flowers in my garden that are still in bloom at this time of year
(along with border dahlias and nasturtium). They may be known as a
"kids flower", but I find them quite attractive and useful.

JD

I may have to try some. Thanks. :-)

I just wish my "surprise lilies" were more predictable. They do what
they want, when they want! It was too dry this year for me to get
blooms out of anything other than the Lantana (that bloomed 3 times and
is blooming now {Dallas Red variety}) and the Mexican Oregano that
blooms all year.
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"