Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Oct11-C - 20085455.jpg

Afternoon Snack-II

This time an un-cropped rendition at 153mm and about the same 1.5m.

JD

Attached Thumbnails
Oct11-C  - 20085455.jpg-20085455.jpg
Old 11-10-2008, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

Afternoon Snack-II

This time an un-cropped rendition at 153mm and about the same 1.5m.

JD

begin 644 20085455.jpg
[Image]

end

Cosmos?
--
Peace! Om

"He who has the gold makes the rules"
--Om

"He who has the guns can get the gold."
-- Steve Rothstein
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Nice pictures John, I especially like this one.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Yes, these are cosmos. I plant some in one particular bed every year,
but they also wander around the garden on their own. These are quite
tall. This particular specimen is well over 6-ft. With naturalizing
there are also some unique color combinations and markings out there.
One of the nice things about them is that they are one of the few
flowers in my garden that are still in bloom at this time of year
(along with border dahlias and nasturtium). They may be known as a
"kids flower", but I find them quite attractive and useful.

JD

On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 16:58:10 -0500, Omelet

Old 12-10-2008, 02:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

In article , John - Pa.
wrote:

Yes, these are cosmos. I plant some in one particular bed every year,
but they also wander around the garden on their own.

Sounds like a Disney movie. giggles

These are quite
tall. This particular specimen is well over 6-ft. With naturalizing
there are also some unique color combinations and markings out there.
One of the nice things about them is that they are one of the few
flowers in my garden that are still in bloom at this time of year
(along with border dahlias and nasturtium). They may be known as a
"kids flower", but I find them quite attractive and useful.

JD

I may have to try some. Thanks. :-)

I just wish my "surprise lilies" were more predictable. They do what
they want, when they want! It was too dry this year for me to get
blooms out of anything other than the Lantana (that bloomed 3 times and
is blooming now {Dallas Red variety}) and the Mexican Oregano that
blooms all year.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

You just answered a question I haven't asked yet. Thanks!

I have a bunch of these blooming right now that grew from a butterfly
seed mix. They are the only flowers from the mix that are still
blooming and I was about to take some shots to post to see if someone
could ID them for me.

Yes, these are cosmos. I plant some in one particular bed every year,
but they also wander around the garden on their own. These are quite
tall. This particular specimen is well over 6-ft. With naturalizing
there are also some unique color combinations and markings out there.
One of the nice things about them is that they are one of the few
flowers in my garden that are still in bloom at this time of year
(along with border dahlias and nasturtium). They may be known as a
"kids flower", but I find them quite attractive and useful.

JD

Constructive criticism always welcome.

Macros shot with a Canon 100mm f/2.8
Telephotos shot with a Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L IS
Everything else shot with a Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS

BH
Old 12-10-2008, 05:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.photos.original,alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

An amazing shot John.
Cheers Wendy