Old 10-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Paulo

Default Laelia

Thanks a lot....I dont know for sure what kind of laelia i have, i guess i
will have to wait for flowers....As i said before, something is
growing...maybe flowers..overall looks nice and healthy, and with srping
started to grow. I have planted in a ix of bark, and i have put some s.moss
on top...to keep some moisture...I am still wondering if the light is enough
( i just moved and i do not have space at the window anymore.....)

Thanks
Paulo
"tom bell" wrote in message
Don't give up! I bought a L. perrinii bare root in 1993, and with
tender, loving care it bloomed in 1996, again in 1998, and annually since.
I'll post a picture for you on ABPO.
Laelias are related to the Cattleyas, both part of the Laeliinae (sp?)
subtribe, according to Rebecca Northen, whose book would be a great source
of information for you. They thrive in the same conditions; intermediate

warm, high light, and drying out between waterings.
Good luck,
Tom

From: "Paulo"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:48:34 -0400
Subject: Laelia

Hi everyone!
can somebody tell me why I cannot find info about Laelia? Is is part of

the
cattleyas family? I bougth one more than a year ago, and now it is
growing...dont know if it is just leave or maybe flowers.....I dont even
know wht to expect from it, because i bought it bare root....

I would appreciate any info about them

Thx
Paulo