Old 10-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Eric Hanson

Default Tetra Xavan liner?

Do you know if this liner is able to be "taped/sealed" to an existing
EPDM liner? I am looking at digging an extension soon and this liner
looks desirable.

--
Eric Hanson
http://www.pobox.com/~ehanson/aquaria.html

"Don Lasko" wrote in message ...
I built my pond with Xavan and it works very well. I chose it because I
had to do the work myself and using EPDM would have been awkward.
It is more expensive. As for being stronger, I think it is. It is very
difficult to puncture. But, the best part has to be the lighter weight. It
feels more like a tarp than a pond lining.

I am using it on my extension pond as well.

"Laura " wrote in message
Hi everyone, I just found this group and have been reading with
interest for the last few days. I'm in the beginning stages of
planning a pond and am looking for a liner. I've read everyone's
comments on EPDM and Permalon. At my local garden shop, they carry a
liner by Tetra called Xavan. Supposedly, it's stronger than EPDM, 1/3
of the weight and not affected by UV and has a 25 yr. warranty.
Anyone have experience with this liner?

Thanks,

Laura