Old 09-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Laura

Default Tetra Xavan liner?

Hi everyone, I just found this group and have been reading with
interest for the last few days. I'm in the beginning stages of
planning a pond and am looking for a liner. I've read everyone's
comments on EPDM and Permalon. At my local garden shop, they carry a
liner by Tetra called Xavan. Supposedly, it's stronger than EPDM, 1/3
of the weight and not affected by UV and has a 25 yr. warranty.
Anyone have experience with this liner?

Thanks,

Laura

Old 09-04-2003, 07:32 PM
Don Lasko

I built my pond with Xavan and it works very well. I chose it because I
had to do the work myself and using EPDM would have been awkward.
It is more expensive. As for being stronger, I think it is. It is very
difficult to puncture. But, the best part has to be the lighter weight. It
feels more like a tarp than a pond lining.

I am using it on my extension pond as well.

Old 10-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Eric Hanson

Do you know if this liner is able to be "taped/sealed" to an existing
EPDM liner? I am looking at digging an extension soon and this liner
looks desirable.

--
Eric Hanson
http://www.pobox.com/~ehanson/aquaria.html

Old 10-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Laura

Glad to hear the Xavan was easy to work with. Liner weight is an
issue with me too. I was able to find this liner in a standard cut
size of 19.7' x 19.7' on ebay for $155.00. This is about half what I
would have paid at my local store. The ebay seller also has a
website, but I think the liners are a little more expensive there, but
still no where near the price of my local nursery.

http://www.discountedpondsupplies.com

Laura

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:28:41 -0400, "Don Lasko"
wrote:

I built my pond with Xavan and it works very well. I chose it because I
had to do the work myself and using EPDM would have been awkward.
It is more expensive. As for being stronger, I think it is. It is very
difficult to puncture. But, the best part has to be the lighter weight. It
feels more like a tarp than a pond lining.

I am using it on my extension pond as well.

Xavan Liner Jim[_18_] Ponds (moderated) 1 29-07-2008 11:12 PM
Pond liners - Xavan Ralph Ponds 0 17-04-2004 11:07 PM
New Xavan liner sansivaria Ponds 0 12-08-2003 02:33 AM
Xavan pond liner/ pond lights David Ponds 1 21-07-2003 06:54 PM
Xavan pond liner/ pond lights David Ponds 0 20-07-2003 11:33 PM