Old 14-10-2008, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Question for taxonomists

On 14/10/08 18:16, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 00:46:07 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

Well, a bit like you not really answering my question, I'm not really
answering yours! We have the blue Aristea but I've read of a pink one and
found this link to it:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/8874990/20_Aristea_major_pink_Seeds_Evergree
_Rhizomatous_Perennials_Sow_Autumn.html

You could be sitting on a 'nice little earner'. ;-)

Thanks Sacha. I don't think mine's such a nice pink as the one
pictured, but at least it confirms there are pink forms around. I got
mine from Trevena X nursery, but I have two others grown from seed
from elsewhere that haven't flowered yet. I'm hoping for a boy
(IYSWIM!).

I do indeed see what you mean! Trevena X have some really nice things -
when did you get yours?

Can't really remember, but about four or five years ago. When it first
showed pink, I hoped it was because it was its first flowering, but
it's been pink ever since.

We'll look out for that, thanks.
--
Sacha