Old 15-10-2008, 12:14 AM
JubJub JubJub is offline
Registered User

Question Blueberries - HELP

Hello,

As a novice gardener (an overstatement at that) I am looking for some advice. It is my mother's birthday in early december and I am looking to buy her a blueberry plant. I need some advice on which variety to buy, when to buy it as I will need to look after it for a short while, and where to buy it from.

I live in the UK and December can be a pretty bleak time. Is it wise to buy a blueberry plant then? I don't want to look after it for too long as my Mother is the expert and not me (it will be a shadow of itself if I have it for too long unfortunately).

Is it wise to order it mail-order? What is a good price? I heard they grow best if two varieties are planted together - can anyone verify this?

I'd be so grateful for any advice!

Thanks