Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 AM
SugarChile

Default good companion for poppies?

Baby's breath is nice in this situation, the perennial kind. It gets going
as the poppies are winding down, but is airy enough that it doesn't block
the spot where the poppy foliage will re-emerge in the fall. Plus it's
wonderful for cutting.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"Julia Altshuler" wrote in message
I've wondered about this too. Each year I get compliments from neighbors

I've
scarcely met on my poppies. I'm not much of a gardener, but I bought the

roots
from White Flower Farm, stuck them in the ground and have never had a

problem
with them. They keep blooming magnificently. Then the flowers go away,

and I
don't have anything else with which to impress the neighbors.

--Lia

"Penny S." wrote:

They look wonderful for a while, but we all know that they look icky

once
they are done blooming ( big oriental poppies) Any ideas for what to

plant
around them to disguise them? I"m in USDA zone 3 ( eastern WA)

thanks

penny s