Old 15-10-2008, 04:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
John Smith[_7_] John Smith[_7_] is offline

Default Lot Border trees/bushes?

On Oct 14, 8:25*pm, "Bob" wrote:
Chris Tidio wrote:
I want to plant some border trees or bushes at the edge of my lot,
which is heavily *shaded by 3-4 largish trees, to delineate the lot
from the woods.

1. Are there any trees/bushes recommended for areas that only see sun
one-two hrs in the morning?

2. Is this something I can do now, or am I better off waiting till
spring? *(Boston area)
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

"newsreader" wrote in message

news
Green Giant might be a good option, and now is a great time to plant.
http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp.../StoreCatalogD...

not in heavy shade.

They do not do well in areas that get any appreciable amount of wind
either. They are usually the first along with poplars to get broekn or
knocked down.