Old 15-10-2008, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default New apple?

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 12:30:48 +0100, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,
says...
12 years ago my 3 year old granddaughter and I planted an apple pip.
Having spent several years in a pot, it is now in their garden and
fruited for the first time last year, with even more fruit this year.
My family say that these are the nicest apples they have ever tasted!
I've not had a taste yet.
Can anyone advise me how one goes about having a new apple assessed?

Pam in Bristol

First thing to do is propagate it in case something happens! there have
to be at least 3 plants in existance before you can name them.

Thanks for that useful info Charlie. I must investigate.

Pam in Bristol