Old 16-10-2008, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default Japanese Knot Weed

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

Nick wrote after

BAC wrote:

Mind you a few Lynx near our allotment site would do for the rabbits
nicely.

Almost the first thing the lynx would do would be to suppress the
competition such as foxes and feral cats, so they wouldn't necessarily
have
a net adverse effect on the rabbit population.

Feral cats, yes, but that would help the birds considerably. Foxes
are less likely, as they don't rely on rabbits for their food as
much as children's stories make out.

Our problems stem from no cats or foxes on our allotment site so we are
constantly at war with rodents and rabbits.

If you have loads of nice juicy small mammals on your site, it's surprising
it doesn't seem to attract predators.